202006/03/2020 Leica S3: Leica Camera delivers the latest model of the Leica S medium format system to retailers Today Leica Camera delivers the latest model of its medium format system to retailers worldwide – having previously announced the development of the Leica S3 at photokina 2018. The outstanding excellence of the Leica S and its lenses is rooted in a well thought-out system in which every component represents an integral element of the recording process. With the market release of the Leica S3 on March 6, 2020, Leica Camera once again lives up to the ambitious quality standards the company’s customers have come to expect.
- 06/03/2020 Leica Amplus 6 riflescope Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar) is presenting a newly developed riflescope series: Leica Amplus 6. The premium riflescope with 6x zoom and reticle illumination in a 30mm design. Amplus combines high quality optical performance in a feature rich and robust construction for everyday all-around use.
- 02/03/2020 MYKITA and Leica Camera AG announce substantial partnership bringing the highest level of German engineering to the world of eyewear MYKITA and Leica announce their collaboration between two industry leaders of German engineering, design and quality made in Germany – a partnership defined by its shared commitment to holistic product development, pioneering technology and precision craftsmanship. The joint enterprise launches with a debut collection of sunglasses set to raise the bar for high end functional design and optical quality on the eyewear market.
- 21/02/2020 New product versions as limited editions: LEICA M10 MONOCHROM ‘Leitz Wetzlar’ and LEICA SUMMILUX-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. ‘Leitz Wetzlar’ Due to the enormous demand for the Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) ‘Leitz Wetzlar’, launched in November 2019 to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the founding of ‘Ernst Leitz Wetzlar’, Leica is now offering a second edition of the product version. The Leica M10 Monochrom ‘Leitz Wetzlar’ is now available as the successor to the M-Camera with a black-and-white image sensor featuring the traditional and extremely popular ‘Leitz Wetzlar’ engraving on the top plate. The Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 ASPH. ‘Leitz Wetzlar’ is also being offered as a limited edition. The unique feature of this lens is the grey and white colouring of its engravings and scales. The retaining ring for the front element of the lens is additionally engraved with the name ‘Leitz Wetzlar’.
- 18/02/2020 Firmware update significantly improves the performance of the Leica Q2 Thanks to an update to the firmware for the Leica Q2, the successful compact camera with full-frame sensor is now able to offer numerous new features, along with noticeable enhancements to many aspects of its performance. Many of these improvements have been implemented in response to feedback received from Q2 photographers. These include a selectable AF field size, changes to the Touch AF mode (whereby Touch AF + Release is now possible in all AF modes), and a more advantageous Auto ISO behavior (whereby the priority is now set to the correct exposure). Q2 photographers also requested a faster DNG writing speed, which has now been improved by the factor 2x, as well as a faster transfer speed of images to the Leica FOTOS App, which has been increased by 50 percent.
- 14/02/2020 Leica Camera AG introduces a new variant and two special editions lenses for the Leica M Leica Camera AG presents three new lenses for the Leica M-System: the silver anodized APO-Summicron-M 75 f/2 ASPH. as well as the limited-edition Summicron-M 28 f/2 ASPH. and APO-Summicron-M 90 f/2 ASPH. in an olive green “Safari” finish. The technical specifications of the three new lenses are identical to those of their serially produced counterparts. All three lenses are available from end of February.
- 21/01/2020 NEW: Leica Geovid 3200.COM For the 2020 ShotShow, Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) presents a completely redesigned Leica Geovid full of innovations: the Leica Geovid 3200.COM. For the first time, the new Geovid models enable rangefinding up to 3,200 yards (2,900 meters) and, in combination with the specially designed Leica Hunting App, convenient input of individual ballistic settings – via smartphone.
- 21/01/2020 Leica Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM With the new Leica Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM, Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) presents a rangefinder with unparalleled performance up to 3,500 yards (3,200 meters). The Rangemaster CRF 3500.COM is also the first model to feature a powerful class 3R laser. In combination with the specially designed Leica Hunting App and integrated Bluetooth connection, the new Leica Rangemaster offers superior rangefinding and precision as well as intuitive operation.
- 21/01/2020 NEW: Leica PRS 5-30x56i riflescope With the new Leica PRS 5-30x56i, Leica Sport Optics (Wetzlar, Germany) presents a top-class riflescope for long-range sport shooting – in a perfect design. Its magnification range of 5x to 30x offers a wide array of uses – from long-range target shooting to competitions over extreme distances and under the most difficult conditions.
- 17/01/2020 Leica M10 Monochrom: black-and-white photography enters a new dimension of quality Leica Camera AG has taken the next step forward in its successful digital black-and-white photography concept and presents the new Leica M10 Monochrom. With a newly developed 40-megapixel black-and-white sensor, the next camera generation delivers exceptional pictures that achieve an entirely new level of quality in black-and-white photography.